Adding sashing to a quilt is very straightforward. Cut your strips and add them between blocks and then between rows.
I’m demonstrating this using my quilt Mysteries Down Under.
Check it out!
Mysteries Down Under quilt
This quilt was a mystery quilt project.
The quilt is a skill builder but it’s easy enough that you can start easy and continue to build on your previous knowledge.
Download Mysteries Down Under quilt pattern
You can get the pattern as a PDF download.
Get the fabric needs, cutting instructions, templates, quilt assembly instructions and all video tutorials in one single download. An internet connection is required.
Have you made this quilt?
- Share your photos on Instagram with #mysteriesdownunderquilt and #teresadownunder and tag me @teresadownunder
- Share them on my Facebook group Sewn Up
- Email me some pictures if you don’t use social media and I will post on my Facebook page. Send me a quick message and I will reply with an email where you can send your pictures to
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel