The granny square is a traditional easy block that can be made coordinated or scrappy.
For this tutorial I’ve used 2 1/2″ fabric strips so it’s a block perfect for jelly rolls.
Learn to make a granny square in no time!
Would you like to make a full quilt with this block?
Lori Holt has a short book on it called Great Granny squared with instructions for two quilts, one tablerunner and one pillow.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
This post has affiliate links.