This heart block is quite popular and it’s also very easy to make.
If you’ve never done foundation paper piecing (FPP) follow the video step by step without over analysing and you’ll find it’s quite simple to do.
The block is 9″ finished.
Get the template
Turn the block into a mini quilt or wall hanging by adding a 4″ border.
Right and left borders
Cut 2 strips, 4 1/2″ x 9 1/2″.
Top and bottom borders
Cut 2 strips, 4 1/2′ X 17 1/2″.
Strippy heart quilt
Use this block in a larger quilt.
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there