This block is a different kind of disappearing nine patch you don’t see very often.
This is a mini version of my Cross quilt Anjeanette of Anjeanette Klinder.
You can play with fabric positioning and get a different quilt altogether. Or you can use stripes and get again a different effect.
On my Turnabout Patchwork book you’ll also find 3 more blocks and quilt patterns under the label disappearing nine patch:
And you can see all the variations above in a real projects by these fantastic quilters: Sherry of Powered by Quilting, Bobbi of Snowy Days Quilting, Anja of anjaquilts, Mania of Mania for Quilts, Sandra of Textile Time Travels and Anjeanette of Anjeanette Klinder.
See all the quilts in the book
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there