I like the look of borders and fancy binding. And what’s fancier than finishing a quilt with prairie points binding.
I also love adding borders to quilts. They add a very nice touch and complete the quilt.
This video demonstrates how easily you can make a strip of continuous prairie points as well as a simple border you can finish your quilts with.
As well as quilt binding prairie points look great on pillows, towels, just to name a couple of items.
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there