This looks a bit like Irish chain once you put all the blocks together, that’s why I called it Not quite an Irish chain.
You can use it on point and horizontally with quite different results.
Check it out!
- 1 square, 4 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ in blue
- 1 strip 2 1/2″ x 29″ in white
- 1 strip 2 1/2″ x 29″ in red
- 1 strip 2 1/2″ x 10 1/2″ in red
- 1 strip 2 1/2″ x 10 1/2″ in blue
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
This post has affiliate links.