The Single Irish chain quilt is the perfect quilt for the beginner. It’s made alternating a nine patch block and a plain square of fabric.
The Double Irish chain is slightly more involved but just. It’s still perfect for a beginner quilter.
Both quilts are perfectly suitable to the addition of appliqué or embroidery to the plain blocks.
Let’s learn to make both quilts.
Which one will you make?
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there