This is a classic block and a skill builder too.
The block has a quarter square triangles unit in the centre, 4 flying geese units and 4 half square triangles.
Finished block size
Two 12″ x 12″ squares.
For 2 quarter square triangle unit (you’ll have one left):
- two squares 7 1/2″ x 7 1/2″ in contrasting fabrics.
For the flying geese units:
- 2 rectangles, 3 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ in turquoise
- 2 rectangles, 3 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ in a light floral print
- 4 squares, 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ in turquoise
- 4 squares, 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ in a light floral print
For the half square triangles:
- 2 squares, 4″ x 4″ in turquoise
- 2 squares, 4″ x 4″ in a light floral print
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there