Hexagons are one of my favourite blocks.
They’re quick and easy. They can be made with strips of fabric, using a different number of strips.
You can one block wonder quilts with them.
An also you can just use fabric stripes to add a special effect.
How to make hexagon quilts with fabric stripes
A 60 degree ruler is recommended but if you don’t have one you can always use a square ruler with 60 degree markings.
The quilt is 60” x 59 ½”.
If you like the look of this quilt, check out my hexagons quilt Hexagonal dream.
Buy Hexagonal Dream pattern
- Download the quilt from my Etsy shop as a digital pattern.
The pattern comes with a 60 degree ruler paper template.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.