Face masks are great to protect others and yourself from a number of viruses as well as allergens.
This year face masks have become mandatory in some countries and I’ve started to test out other ways to make them so I can find the most comfortable type.
This time I’ve made a template-free 3D mask.
I’ve made it in 2 sizes: small (S) and medium/large (S/L). Check the video for details and method.
Learn to make an easy cloth face mask
Fabrics featured on the video
- Desert Dew Flame by Ellie Whittaker – Nerida Hansen. This fabric is 100% GOTS certified organic cotton printed with low impact dyes.
The use of face masks and respirators in the context of COVID-19, Department of Health, Australia
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there