This is a very simple block and a versatile one. It works just as well with coordinated fabrics or scrappy.
How to make an easy chevron quilt block
The Nerida Hansen fabrics on the video are 100% GOTS certified organic cotton printed with low impact dyes. A joy to work with.
- Nerida Hansen Wildlife treasures by the Tiny Garden
How to use this block?
You can make my Midnight diamonds quilt.
Midnight diamonds quilt pattern is a digital download.
Quilt size: 41″ x 53″.
Block finished size: 12″ x 12″.
Fat quarter friendly.
Skill level: beginner.
Quilt technique: traditional piecing – no templates.
The pattern contains:
– fabric needs
– batting and backing and binding needs
– block assembly instructions
– quilt assembly instructions
– alternative quilt colours
– quilt colouring page
The star block tutorial is demonstrated on video. An internet connection is required.
- Midnight Diamonds quilt pattern from Etsy
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
This post has affiliate links.