All you need to make this bag is 6 fabric squares, 3 for the outer and 3 for the lining.
Learn how to make an origami bag
The bag is approximately 19″ wide x 23″ high.
The Nerida Hansen fabrics on the video are 100% GOTS certified organic cotton printed with low impact dyes. A joy to work with.
- Nerida Hansen Tropical lush, by the Tiny Garden.
- Nerida Hansen Wildlife treasures by the Tiny Garden
Bag tutorials roundup
Check out my other bag tutorials that I’ve made over the years:
- Expandable tote bag
- Patchwork beach bag
- Tote bag tutorial
- Laptop slipcover with straps
- Charm pack tote bag with inside pocket tutorial
- Charm squares and embroidery tote bag
- Spirit tote bag
All the tutorials are free.
If you make any of the bags, please upload a picture to TeresaDownUnder tote bags and my other sewing projects Flickr pool.
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there