This is the second block of the Patchwork of the crosses by Lucy Boston.
Did you miss the first one? Patchwork of the crosses part 1.
Today I’m posting a tutorial on how to make Block 2.
In a third tutorial I’ll post how to put both blocks together.
Download the Patchwork of the crosses template
What paper to use?
I print my EPP shapes on cardstock.
Recommended fabric collections
I made this project as Michael Miller’s Ambassador.
It turns out I love gingham, basics and directional prints in general and Michael Miller has a great range of those.
Patchwork of the crosses part 1
In case you missed it!
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there