Let’s do a different pattern with hexies today.
I like this zig zag pattern. You don’t see it very often but in a large scale, and if you choose your fabrics carefully, the end result can be spectacular.
Learn to do English paper piecing in just over 2 minutes:
There are only 3 steps to start doing English paper piecing:
- Download the hexagon template (google doc).
- Print the required size (this project uses the 1 inch pattern) on thick or plain paper – I used plain printer paper but thick card stock is easier to work with
- Cut the patterns and get sewing
Two important points to make:
- Before printing make sure you’re printing at 100% to avoid surprises.
- Leave the paper template in until you have finished sewing all hexies together
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there