I love quick modern quilts and I love using the stack and cut technique.
You can start at any size and cut as many strips as you like.
The number of strips needs to match the number of layers of fabric.
- Quilt size: 45″ x 59″
- Unfinished block size: around 6″ x 8″
- Number of blocks: 60 arranged as 6 x 10
- 10 assorted fat Quarters – see details on the fabric collections I used below.
- Michael Miller Gingham cadet
- Michael Miller Family Fun Day
- Michael Miller Pindot in black
- Michael Miller Kitschy Cocktails
To make the quilt, mix the fat quarters and make 60 blocks following the video tutorial.
Arrange in 6 rows of 10 blocks each.
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
This post has affiliate links.