This is a classic block. Use a favourite print to showcase in the centre square.
How to make a Sawtooth star quilt block
The video demonstrates how to make this very easy Sawtooth star block.
Use strong contrast between fabrics for best results.
How to use this block?
Check out my My lucky stars quilt pattern.
This quilt is suitable for confident beginners.
Buy My lucky stars quilt pattern
Buy Aim for the stars quilt pattern on Etsy.
- Size: 66″ x 66″
- Quilt technique: traditional piecing or foundation paper piecing
- Skill level: Confident beginner.
- Fabric collection: I made the quilt on the cover from my old stash but I designed with Moda Farm Fresh collection in mind and the main diagrams use that fabric collection. This collection has very suitable black and white fabrics, even acqua that will make a beautiful quilt.
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Have you made any of my quilts or tutorials?
If you make any of my tutorials and upload pictures to Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder on private message me in Facebook with some photos and I’ll post them for everyone to see!