I love this very easy quick and large star block.
Have a look at the end of the block how to use this block.
Use strong contrast between fabrics for best results.
Would you like to use this block in a quilt?
Thus block is part of My lucky stars quilt.
- Size: 66″ x 66″
- Quilt technique: traditional piecing or foundation paper piecing
- Skill level: Confident beginner.
- Fabric collection: I made the quilt on the cover from my old stash but I designed with Moda Farm Fresh collection in mind and the main diagrams use that fabric collection. This collection has very suitable black and white fabrics, even acqua that will make a beautiful quilt.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
Buy individual chapters of my book
Now that my publisher is going out of business I have bought the rights to publish my book. Now you can download individual chapters. Each digital download is a bundle with 4 quilt patterns in it.
As well as the instructions and fabric needs to make the blocks you’ll find a section on quiltmaking basics at the end of the pattern that discusses:
- Squaring up blocks
- Assembly and quilting
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
This post has affiliate links.