This is a very cute Christmas tree you can make with just a bunch of fabric scraps and some felt.
Learn how to make it in 3 minutes.
- 36 x 2 inch squares of fabric
- felt scraps for the star and the bottom of the cone
- embroidery floss
- stuffing or batting scraps
- one sided fusible interfacing
Download Patchwork Christmas tree ornament pattern (pdf).
Use the pattern to cut the cone shape, the star and the cone base.
Make trees in different colour schemes and in different sizes.
Stitch any embellishments such as bows, stitch little beads, add a felt star to the top.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
Buy individual chapters of my book
Now that my publisher is going out of business I have bought the rights to publish my book. Now you can download individual chapters. Each digital download is a bundle with 4 quilt patterns in it.
As well as the instructions and fabric needs to make the blocks you’ll find a section on quiltmaking basics at the end of the pattern that discusses:
- Squaring up blocks
- Assembly and quilting