Time to do another Morocco inspired block.
I have seen this pattern all over Morocco. I’ve seen it done often just with squares and triangles mostly. But for this version I’m using a strip instead of two squares.
If you pay close attention you’ll see that the negative design is the same as the main design.
- 2 squares, 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ in white
- 2 strips, 2″ x 5″ in white
- 2 strips, 2″ x 3 1/2″ in white
- 4 squares, 2 3/8″ x 2 3/8″ in white
- 2 squares, 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ in blue
- 2 strips, 2″ x 5″ in blue
- 2 strips, 2″ x 3 1/2″ in blue
- 4 squares, 2 3/8″ x 2 3/8″ in blue
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
This post has affiliate links.