This is a quick block to make and a classic.
Choose fabrics with high contrast for best results.
Oh Susannah block cutting directions
- 4 squares, 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ in the background fabric
- 1 strip, 3 1/2″ X 15″ in the background fabric
- 1 strip, 3 1/2″ X 15″ in colour A
- 4 rectangles, 3 1/2″ X 6 1/2″ in colour B
Finished block size
12″ x 12″
If you like this block you may also like a similar block I made a while back called Roosevelt necktie:
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
This post has affiliate links.