Let’s make 2 blocks I particularly like: a house and a poppy.
I’ve been planning to make a tree to complement the house but I haven’t got around making one yet.
The poppy block can be made in non traditional colours as well. Have a look at the end of each tutorial the some of the possible layouts.
- 3 squares, 10″ x 10″ or layer cakes
- 6 squares, 5″ x 5″
8 1/2″ x 9″
- 4 squares, 6 1/2″ x 6 1/2″
- 8 squares, 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″
- 4 squares, 2″ x 2″
12″ x 12″
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
This post has affiliate links.