Today I’m announcing my next Quilt Along (QAL) which will start on 10 September.
- Purchase the Tulip factory pattern. I will sell the pattern at half price until the end of the QAL.
Tips on selecting fabrics
I created this video for my previous QAL but it’s applicable to the Tulip factory QAL.
Fabric needs for a coordinated quilt
The fabric needs for each individual colour apply to a coordinated quilt like the one on the right. I made my version scrappy, so if you do as me you’ll need only a few scraps for each block. The fabric needs for the background fabric remains the same for both.
Share your progress
Let’s make this QAL more “social” and share your thoughts, comments, progress or whatever you like at:
- my Facebook group
- share on Instagram with hasthtag #tulipfactoryquilt and tag me with @teresadownunder
For my last QAL we had at least 500 of you joining. Let’s make this one even larger. Share it with your quilting friends, guilds and the like.
More information below.
Using freezer paper in quilting
How to make a tulip quilt block with foundation paper piecing
How to make a tulip quilt block with traditional piecing
How to make a tulip bud with foundation paper piecing
How to make a tulip bud with traditional piecing
Stem and leaves traditional piecing
Stem and leaves using foundation paper piecing
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
This post has affiliate links.