This block is also known as hourglass because of its shape.
These units can be made in different ways but the method on the video is the quickest way to make this block. With this method you get 2 units at once.
Now, I’ve shown you many times how to trim a half square triangle to the required size, but how do we trim a quarter square triangle? Learn below:
Finished block size
Two 6″ x 6″ squares.
For 2 quarter square triangle blocks:
- two squares 7 1/2″ x 7 1/2″ in contrasting fabrics.
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there