Strips are one of my favourite cuts to work with.
By sewing fabric strips together and cutting the piece again in different ways you can obtain very different and interesting designs.
On this video you can see how the same piece of stitched strips produces two very different stitched pieces. The third video demonstrates a techique called tube quilting. It’s usually used in bargello. You can also use this technique to make Trip around the world quilt.
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there