This is Flying butterflies by Raewyn of Stitching Farmgirl .
These are the different blocks you can make with this same block by moving the pieces around.
You can see all the variations in a real project by these gifted quilters: Anorina of Samelia’s mum, Tammy of Tamarinis, Becca of Pretty Piney, Laura of Slice of π Quilts, Gretchen of Snug Harbor Quilts, Raewyn of Stitching Farmgirl and Sarah of Saroy
These fantastic quilt designers and quilters have made projects using a modern shoo fly block. Don’t forget to check their blogs to see their great work as well, read their experience with my book.
See all the quilts in the book
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there