Are you ready for a Quilt along that will start on 30 October and will take you all the way to Christmas and into the first few weeks of 2021?
If so, here’s a peek of the quilt we’ll be making.
How to join the Colour Fair Down Under Quilt Along?
To be part of the quilt along:
- Subscribe to this blog for free via email to receive all the posts with information about the blocks, tips and tricks.
- Purchase the pattern with a 60% reduction on the original price for the duration of the QAL. The video links on the pattern will become active as we make the blocks.
Have a close look at the project with this promo video:
How to choose your fabrics
My sample quilt uses a rainbow colour scheme and it’s a bright one. Alternatives to this bright colour scheme is using pastel equivalents or darker tones. Or you may just pick 2 colours plus a background.
Rainbow colours work well with light and dark background fabrics.
On page 15 of the pattern you’ll find several alternative colour schemes for the quilt.
If you want to get more tips, I’ve written about how to choose fabrics for a quilt before and I’ve even made a video.
Share your progress
You can share the progress of your quilt on your Instagram account with hashtag #colourfairdownunderQAL. You can tag me with @teresadownunder so I can also check your work.
Or join my Facebook group Sewn up. Sewing, quilting and embroidery and share your photos there.
We will start making blocks on Saturday 30 October 2021 and finish them by Christmas.
Then we’ll resume on 8 January 2022 and make the borders.
And finally we’ll finish the quilt with QAYG and be ready to show your finished quilts at the end of January.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
This post has affiliate links.