Let’s do another disappearing quilt block.
This time we’re making a square in a square scrappy quilt block. Basically it’s a square and some strips stitched around. My starting squares are the same size and so are my strips. But if you wanted to go really funky you can start with different size squares and strips.
This is how you make a disappearing square in a square block:
If you enjoyed this block you may enjoy my book Turnabout patchwork. Check out the details below.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale
- Book depository
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
This post has affiliate links.