These two blocks are quick and simple and extremely versatile.
Check out the layouts at the end of the video.
If you like this video and would like to make a quilt with what you learned, check out my Midnight Diamonds quilt pattern.
Learn how to sew sew improv circles
Fabrics on the video are from Nerida Hansen for the chevron block and from Michael Miller for the black and white triangles.
This is a traditionally pieced template free quilt pattern.
Quilt size: 41″ x 53″.
Finished block size: 12″ x 12″.
Fat quarter friendly.
Skill level: beginner.
The pattern contains:
- fabric needs
- batting and backing and binding needs
- block assembly instructions
- quilt assembly instructions
- alternative quilt colours
- quilt colouring page
The star block tutorial is demonstrated on video. An internet connection is required.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
This post has affiliate links.