Well, here you have 2 EPP projects you may enjoy making.
The heart shapes are quite large whereas the hexagon shapes are quite small.
The napkin project is also a good way to get into EPP. You can make just a few hexies and then asses whether you enjoy it or not.
The tutorial also demonstrates how to appliqué – the hexies are appliquéd to the napkins.
Download the EPP shapes
Printing the shapes
I recommend printing these shapes on thick card stock for better results.
For the hearts I used two beautiful Michael Miller collections:
For the napkin project you can use ready made napkins instead of making them from scratch.
I’ve used hexies on other projects as embellishment like this purse.
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there