I’ve released a new pattern for a small baby size quilt: 40″ x 58″.
This quilt is easily scalable to a larger size.
Finished block: 4 1/2″ x 4 1/2″.
Skill level: confident beginner / intermediate.
Included in the 5 page pattern:
- fabric needs
- circle and square templates
- sewing directions presented in a condensed way
- colouring page
The quilt uses lots of circles but you don’t need to fear. There are at least a couple of easy techniques you can use to sew perfect circles.
This is my favourite way to make perfect circles.
This technique uses freezer paper and it’s very simple to make. And the best thing is that circles are perfect every time!
If you can’t get freezer paper where you live or over the internet, you can always make circles this other way:
You’ll need light fusible interfacing for this one.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale
- Book depository
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
This post has affiliate links.