Today’s videos are still part of the beginner series Quilting in 2021.
We’re still at the early learning stages and these blocks are made just of rectangles and squares.
The first one is a very simple Courthouse steps block. Courthouse steps quilt block is a variation of log cabin quilt block.
You can make a quilt with just this single block in different colours placed in no particular pattern or having the same colours placed in the diagonal. You can be creative as you like.
Now, the second block is a Bento box quilt block. It’s just a step further from a Courthouse steps block.
Check it out!
If you liked the Bento box slice and turn technique, you my like my Turnabout patchwork book. See below.
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there