If you’re a bit tired of doing the usual hexies, use two fabrics joined together.
For my project the fabrics are joined in the middle but you could choose to place the same anywhere really and come up with very interesting designs.
Two important points to make:
- Before printing make sure you’re printing at 100% to avoid surprises.
- Leave the paper template in until you have finished sewing all hexies together
I used Haerae Designs Studio 100% GOTS certified organic cotton printed with low impact dyes. I love the beautiful fabrics in these collections:
- Dancing in the Water by Marketa Stengl
- Sea Life by Adena Jooste
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there