These 2 kaleidoscope blocks are quite different.
One is made with foundation piecing and the other one uses 60 degree triangles cut from the same repeat of a strip of fabric.
How to make 2 kaleidoscope quilt blocks
- 60 degree ruler template (pdf)
- If you plan to cut at 60 degrees a lot you may consider investing in a 60 degree ruler.
- Kaleidoscope foundation piecing template (pdf)
For the kaleidoscope quilt blocks using the stacking method I used just over 2 yards of fabric and got lots of blocks and this is the quilt I made:
If you don’t have a 60 degree ruler
Not to worry, here is how to cut 60 degree triangles without special rulers:
If you enjoy my videos and tutorials you can help by:
- following my blog – Look for the follow button and don’t miss any future tutorials.
- subscribing to my videos on Youtube
If you make any of my tutorials and upload pictures to Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder