- Calico or cream coloured fabric
- Fabric scraps for border and binding
- Matching fabric to cover button
- Stranded cotton in red bright red, bright green and gold
- 2 self cover buttons
Embroidery stitches used
- Stem stitch
- Short and long stitches for hat
- French knots
- Back stitch
Calico fabric: 11 in x 11 in for the embroidery.
Border: 2 x strips of 17 1/2 in x 3.5 in and 2 strips of 11.5 in x 3.5 in
Binding: a strip of 2.5 in wide fabric. Fold in half before stitching to the quilt sandwich
The pattern by Annie Oakleaves is unavailable unfortunately.