I love flying geese blocks.
This block is a classic and it dates back to the early colonial days according to Nancy Cabot.
Learn to make it in 3 minutes:
Finished block size
12″ x 12″
- 1 square, 9 1/4″ x 9 1/4″ in white
- 1 square, 3 3/8″ x 3 3/8″ in a floral yellow print
- 8 squares, 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ in bright pink
- 8 squares, 2 7/8″ x 2 7/8″ in the floral yelllow print
- 2 squares, 2 7/8″ x 2 7/8″ in yellow print
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
This post has affiliate links.