This block goes by the Rambler name but it’s also called Railroad Crossing.
I stitched the block traditionally but it’s also typically assembled with foundation piecing.
Let’s watch how to make it:
Read some background on this design on Barbara Brackman’s website.
See some quilt examples with this block from the Quilt Index.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
This post has affiliate links.