This block is known by different names though the most common I’ve come across is Bear’s Paw.
Other names are: Ducks-Foot-in-the-Mud, Hand of Friendship, Turkey Track, Tea Leaf Design.
Regardless of the name it’s traditional and it’s beautiful and, most importantly, easy to make.
Check it out!
Do you want to see a historical example of this quilt?
Check out many historic examples of this quilt block in the Quilt Index.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)