By now you should have made all the blocks and borders required for this quilt.
Time to quilt the pieces and put them together.
On pages 10-12 you’ll find the instructions on how to put the quilt together with QAYG.
If you won’t using QAYG you’ll get cutting directions for it too.
Watch a demo on how to put the quilt together with QAYG:
How to join the Colour Fair Down Under Quilt Along?
To be part of the quilt along:
- Subscribe to this blog for free via email to receive all the posts with information about the blocks, tips and tricks.
- Purchase the pattern.
Have a close look at the project with this promo video:
We will start making blocks on Saturday 30 October 2021 and finish them by Christmas.
Then we’ll resume on 8 January 2022 and make the borders.
And finally we’ll finish the quilt with QAYG and be ready to show your finished quilts at the end of January.
22 October – QAL fabric inspiration (bonus video)
23 October – How to trim half square triangles (bonus video)
30 October – 8-pointed star block (bonus video)
- 13 November – Diamond block (bonus video)
- 27 November – Cross block (bonus video)
- 4 December – Whirlpool block (bonus video)
We’ll break for Christmas from 5 December to 7 January. This will allow you to catch up with any sewing you may have missed.
- 7 January – Top and bottom borders
- 22 January – Quilt-as-you-go (bonus video)
- 29 January – Binding
Share your progress
Let’s share our blocks to encourage each other: