This is the last video tutorial in the series Quilting in 2021.
Half square triangles are essential in quilting. There are many ways of making them.
Some have bias seams some don’t.
This particular method produces 48 half square triangles though you can adapt it to make as many or few HSTs as you like.
This is a very easy technique that produces many HSTs at once.
HST finished size
3″ x 3″.
2 fabric rectangles 16″ x 24″ each in contrasting colours.
Medallion mini quilt
To make this mini quilt you need 36 HST.
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
This post has affiliate links.