Today we’re doing the third block for our Colour Fair Down Under QAL: Cross quilt block.
Get the cutting instructions and other directions on page 7 of the pattern.
This block is the easiest block in the quilt. Just pay attention to the placement of the different prints.
Finish making all the Cross blocks by 4 December.
We’re aiming at having all blocks done before we break for Christmas. It’s possible.
How to join the Colour Fair Down Under Quilt Along?
To be part of the quilt along:
- Subscribe to this blog for free via email to receive all the posts with information about the blocks, tips and tricks.
- Purchase the pattern with a 60% reduction on the original price for the duration of the QAL.
Have a close look at the project with this promo video:
We will start making blocks on Saturday 30 October 2021 and finish them by Christmas.
Then we’ll resume on 8 January 2022 and make the borders.
And finally we’ll finish the quilt with QAYG and be ready to show your finished quilts at the end of January.
22 October – QAL fabric inspiration (bonus video)
23 October – How to trim half square triangles (bonus video)
30 October – 8-pointed star block (bonus video)
- 13 November – Diamond block (bonus video)
- 27 November – Cross block (bonus video)
- 4 December – Whirlpool block (bonus video)
We’ll break for Christmas from 5 December to 7 January. This will allow you to catch up with any sewing you may have missed.
- 7 January – Top and bottom borders
- 22 January – Quilt-as-you-go (bonus video)
- 29 January – Binding
Share your progress
Let’s share our blocks to encourage each other: