This week we’ll be making a 12″ poppy block.
The block will work in different colours too and in coordinated fabrics.
It’s also a quick and easy fun block to make.
You can use the left over half square triangles on the back of the quilt. You can sew them into 9 patch or 16 patch quilt blocks. Plenty of layouts to choose from.
- 4 squares, 6 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ in different red prints
- 8 squares, 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ in white for the background
- 4 squares, 2″ x 2″ in black print for the centre
12″ x 12″.
Are you going to give it a go?
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
This post has affiliate links.