Pickle dish is a traditional block. It looks a bit like the double wedding ring quilt block.
I was inspired by a vintage quilt to make the demo block in red, blue and white.
While it can be a bit tricky to make, it’s a lot easier when doing the spiky curved piece with foundation piecing.
The rest of the block is assembled traditionally.
How to make a pickle dish block
Learn to make this block in 4 minutes using foundation piecing:
If you like the look of this block you’ll love the pickle dish quilts on the Quilt index.
Do you want to try?
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale
- Book depository