Do you have any polka dots in your stash? This fabric manipulation is a lot of fun. I’ve also used it in my quilts. It’s a beautiful addition to any quilt and it looks very special.
How to make polka dot smocking
While I made this with a polka dot print, you can make it with other type of print that can be used as a grid as well.
Don’t stop at quilting, you can use this fabric manipulation on a bag, or on clothing.
And a print that can also be used as a grid.
If you’d like to try this fabric manipulation and 24 more:
- Check out the fabric manipulation tutorials in one single PDF.
And watch a closeup of all the fabric manipulations.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale
- Book depository