This block has so much potential. You can use different fabrics, solids, prints, same tone, scrappy -the sky is the limit.
The mini quilt above is made with 4 modern 12 inch blocks. Each block is made with four half square triangles (HSTs).
How I made this block
- Ten 10 inch x 1 1/2 inch strips in assorted prints or colours (the scrappier the better)
- One 10 inch square piece of white fabric
This tutorial makes 4 HSTs which, arranged in different ways, make different blocks. Each block can make one or more quilt layouts.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
This post has affiliate links.