I love quick modern quilts and I love using the stack and cut technique.
The technique can be applied to different types of blocks: strips, log cabin, four patch and so on.
- Quilt size: 45″ x 59″
- Unfinished block size: around 6″ x 8″
- Number of blocks: 60 arranged as 6 x 10
- 10 assorted fat Quarters – see details on the fabric collections I used below.
- Michael Miller Gingham cadet
- Michael Miller Family Fun Day
- Michael Miller Pindot in black
- Michael Miller Kitschy Cocktails
To make the quilt, mix the fat quarters and make 60 blocks following the video tutorial.
Arrange in 6 rows of 10 blocks each.
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there