I often make corner triangles using squares of fabric so there’s always some wastage. But I always keep my scraps and do something with them.
These are the 2 ways I tend to use the scrap triangles. I hope you enjoy the video:
A good way to use the left over scraps is to use in crumb quilting, or to use in the back of the quilt as a half square triangles signature block of some sort or as an improv piece.
I used fabrics from the Michael Miller black and white FQ bundle which has some great fabrics in it.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale
- Book depository
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
This post has affiliate links.