This tutorial is for a paper piecing block. If you’ve never done any paper piecing, this is a perfect block to learn.
Learn how to make a triangle in a square quilt block in 2 minutes
Learn and see how many designs you can make with this block:
Playing with placement and different fabrics you can come up with many different patterns. Have a play!
- Download the paper piecing pattern: Triangle in a square foundation piecing template (pdf)
- If you prefer to do traditional piecing here is the pattern: Triangle in a square traditional piecing template (pdf)
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there