In this tutorial you’ll learn to make a quick and easy bow tie block but also how to add a rounded corner to any block.
Sewing curves is a bit fiddly but at the same time it’s quite straight forward.
The trick to sewing curves is using lots of pins to make sure that both fabric edges remain flat while being stitched so that you don’t end up with puckering.
And also I’ll show you how to make prairie points and make a block with it.
Let’s get to it.
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there