Just make a big batch of half square triangles and together with a bunch of squares you get these great looking pieces of patchwork.
You can use triangles and squares alone to make any number of quilts.
One of my quilt patterns are almost exclusively made with squares and triangles or half square triangles.
French Garden is an easy quilt pattern suitable for confident beginners.
Have a look at the quilt in this short video:
Download French Garden quilt pattern
About the quilt
- Quilt size: 80” x 80”
- Finished block size: the basic unit size is 3” x 3”.
- Skill level: Confident beginner.
- Quilting technique: Traditionally pieced.
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there