I made this video tutorial to demonstrate how easy it is to make flange binding but also to finish the quilt for my book tour QAL.
The fabric needs for my Confetti quilt binding on page 23 of Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist.
Feel free to make the binding in the traditional way but if you’d like to do something special faux piping or a flange gives a special touch to any quilt.
How to make binding with faux piping
Fabric recommendations for this quilt
Share pictures of your quilt
Don’t forget to join my Facebook group so you can show photos of your quilts and blocks, see everyone else’s quilts and just share tips and experiences.
On Instagram use #turnaboutpatchwork and #flyingconfettiquilt.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale
- Book depository